Tuesday, December 6, 2011

3,2,1........Then I'm There!

I am down to my 3 day countdown! It has been a long 3 months away from my husband but I am thankful for it! Here are some things that I have learned the past three months with Phil away. 1. I have drawn closer to my LORD and depend upon him more! 2. I have more patience with my children....because there is no one else to step in and help deal with them. 3. I am more confident in my decision making....because I have to make them all. 4. I REALLY don't like having to open salsa jars or any other kind of jar.....Davy ran it next door to MR. Lance to help open one! 5. I am waaaayyyyy more thankful for my husband! 6. Now this one....this is hard for me to say.......I miss Cooking!! NEVER thought I would say that! 7. I feel as though I can really say that I put my LORD first in my life. I struggle with keeping him there and not putting my husband and children first. 8. I am much more consistent with working out and eating healthier with Phil gone. I can do it when I want! 9. I don't find myself getting annoyed with anyone about anything. I have learned to appreciate the people I love while I have them. That will not always be the case! 10. I DO NOT like sleeping along. I'm not scared like I used to be, but I just don't like it! Those are just a few of things that I have learned or thought about. There are many many more! I am sure I will learn even more when he is gone the next time for 9 months! I can say that our marriage is better for it and that we are stronger! Thank you Lord for putting us through trials so that your strength can be manifest in our lives. " And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9,10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post so much. I am so proud of the way you have made it these 3 months. You have been such a witness to me through this all. In your marriage and in your mothering. Way to go and may God continue to bless you both! Love you!