Monday, October 31, 2011

What a Week!!!

It was quite a week around here last week. Dad and I went to Palmer on Friday to get some long term food to store for them and some people from church. We left here about 8:00 Friday morning and didn't get home until around 8:00 Friday night. It was a LONG night. We took Jesse with us and he did pretty good until the very end when he was getting too tired.

We saw Chris Smith there and he took us out for lunch and we had a nice visit with him. He is doing good these days. I took some pictures I will post later. We stayed home Saturday and just lounged around for the most part since Dad's back was killing him. Sunday was church until the afternoon and then Mom and I played Scrabble. I have actually two of the ten games we've played. We had a lot of fun last night.

We got up this morning and went to the gym. I forgot my shoes so I couldn't run like I wanted to. I did some other stuff and then we had to get back home. Dad and Micah went to Homer to get the sheet rock lift and we are going to sheet rock the lid of the garage today. I think between the four of us it won't be so hard. It will be chilly out there though. I don't know what else we're doing but Mom is making a meatloaf for dinner and getting it ready. The boys are working on school. Not much else going on today. I think tomorrow will be a town day. I will take some pictures today and get some posted.

Oh, we also found the marshmallow shooters last night and had fun chasing each other around the house and shooting each other. Jesse and Roo can even do it and I think the boys have found something new to do.

We should hear something today about Dad's surgery so I will know better when I am going home. We will be going home Sunday afternoon/Monday. We are going to stop and stay at some friends cabin Sunday and then head the rest of the way Monday. If Dad is having back surgery in the near future we will be staying to help out. It all just depends on what we end up hearing. So, that's been our trip in a nutshell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are busy and having a good time with your parents. So proud of you all for helping so much! Love ya!

Heather McEntire said...

so? are you home yet?

Anonymous said...

Time for a new post! :)